Thursday 20 January 2011

Simplicity 8498

Today, I cut out a cute little tunic dress, Simplicity 8498.



I found some super cute lightweight wool mix fabric in my stash, with a teeny tiny dogstooth check weave (I think I've seen this referred to as 'puppystooth' - how cute!) which I thought would work well - a kinda sexy secretary vibe.

Not sure I'm looking forward to sewing the thing together though - the puppystooth is playing crazy tricks with my eyes already!


I'm mashing up the views slightly - nothing radical - I'm making View 2 (the centre dress) but sleeveless (as in View 3) and adding the back belt detail of View 1 (it's not clear on the envelope pattern but it's a cute detail)


The reason I want to make this pattern is because of the interesting seam detail. I know it's nothing too shocking, but I just love how vintage patterns really played with seams and shaping - modern patterns can be so blah.


Incidentally, this pattern (or one extremely similar) has been revived by Simplicity in the form of 3833, so perhaps they're realising that people want something a little more interesting?











No comments:

Post a Comment